“The Georgia Mountain Unitarian Universalist’s CareRing reaches into peoples’ hearts, gently holds them, and when those hearts feel better they let them go. When I was diagnosed with cancer and went through almost two years of treatments, the CareRing committee set up a ‘taxi’ to help me when I was unable to drive. They gave me moral support throughout my journey, warm hands, warm hugs, and bonds that will be with me for the rest of my life.” — Tracey Kennedy, GMUUC member
CareRing Committee Mission Statement:
- To offer nurturing, supportive assistance as needed while honoring requests and respecting the privacy of GMUUC members and friends.
- To celebrate the joys and recognize significant milestones of GMUUC members and friends.
The CareRing fulfills its mission by:
- Noting when Joys & Concerns are announced
- Facilitating meal delivery, transportation, errands, child care, pet care, etc. for members/friends in need.
- Sending cards/notes in response to specific illnesses, injuries, hospitalization, and for milestone joys.
- Participating in Worship Procedures such as Memorials, Baby Dedications, Chancel Decorations.
- Researching, updating, and posting a Health Care & Counseling Resource List on the GMUUC website.
To learn more about the CareRing Committee and how you can get involved, please contact us.